ARE THOSE PEOPLE CRAZY?


Al Floer, an Emerald Surf friend, 
took the pictures of Navarre Beach in this post.

The photographs were chilling. Funnel clouds becoming water spouts so close to our favorite hideaway on Navarre Beach that it took my breath away. 

Terry and I were not there. We were glad we were not there. What were those crazy people doing, standing down on the beach? Did they even consider how long it would take to run to shelter? If they could find shelter.

Since seeing these images, I’ve thought a lot about where I’d go if a tornado should come our way while we're at the beach. Our condo is on the fifth floorthe top floor. We have floor to ceiling glass on the beachside. The walkways between condos are open air. The stairwells are only partially enclosed. And the bottom level is an open parking garage.

Where could we go?

My first choice would be inside the small office on the ground level. The second, an inside bathroom of some friendly resident on the first floor. 


Can you say water spout?

To be honest none of those spots sound very comforting. I suppose if we were stuck in our own place, we’d hunker down in an inside bathroom. And pray. A lot. Probably really loud.

Theses images of people standing on the shore watching the funnel clouds dip down out of that massive cloud are stuck in my brain. 

Do you see that child to the far lower left? 

WHAT WERE THOSE PARENTS THINKING?

Yet, I realize that sometimes, I have stood closer than that to an approaching catastrophe, mesmerized by the power of some scene. 

I remind myself that I don’t need to criticize. Instead, I must stay alert, use sound judgment and listen for the voice of the One Who provides the very safest hiding place of all.

Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,
Ps. 17:8b 
NKJV

The storms of life will come in both the natural and the spiritual realms. 

The questions are:

Will I have the discernment to recognize the danger?

Where will I take refuge?

What about you? 

Where do you take refuge? 

Is He your hiding place?



“If you’ll hold on to me for dear life,” says God,
“I’ll get you out of any trouble.
I’ll give you the best of care
if you’ll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times;
I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I’ll give you a long life,
give you a long drink of salvation!”
Ps. 91:14-15 
The Message




Copyright © Reflections from Dorothy's Ridge 2016. All rights reserved

Labels: , , , , ,