WHAT'S YOUR FOCUS?


When I looked outside, it seemed that something had fogged up two of my windows, casting half of the valley below in a shadow. But then I realized the haze settling down behind the house was a cloud. So I hurried out to get a picture of the half-clear, half-obscured valley below our ridge. 

There I was snapping shots when I glanced to the right and caught a glimpse of a faint rainbow rising out of the green crease below. 

It was enough to make me shift my focus.



At first, I didn’t recognize it was You out there, Lord, settling down around me. But as I photographed the partial arc, the colors deepened until your ancient sign of mercy overshadowed its misty surroundings.



Suddenly, I saw two rainbows. One was hazier than the first, but it was there. I rushed back in, summoning Terry to share this rare occurrence. We watched it until the splatter of fat raindrops sent us scurrying indoors. 

Today, I'm still marveling that right there in my our own backyard, if only for an instant, we shared a glimpse of Your double blessing. 

It was enough to remind me of your loving kindness, O Faithful God. 

I ask you, friends, what's your focus on today?

Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. 
Ezekiel 1:28

Copyright © Reflections from Dorothy's Ridge 2016. All rights reserved

Labels: , ,