A CONVERSATION: PUTTING AWAY CHRISTMAS



“What's this?” Lola asked.

Santa's hat. I'm going to wash it and put it away for next year.” I answered.

“Put it away? Why?”

“Christmas is over. It’s almost the middle of January.”

“What’s it doing here anyway? Doesn’t Santa need his hat?”


“That’s not Santa's real hat. It's a copy. I bought it for Zelda to wear for the holidays.




“Why isn’t she wearing it now?”

“Christmas is over, remember? Dad took it off.


“Isn’t she cold without a hat?”




“She has new one. I gave her my red Brooklyn stocking cap.”

“Kitty’s don't wear hats or caps. They get in our way.

“That’s true.”

“But we like to play with them. Do we have to put Santa’s hat away? I like Santa’s hat.”




“I can see you do.”


“Besides, you’re still drinking out of a Christmas cup. I saw it this morning.”




“Hmm. You're right. I did.

“Busted.

“Okay. How about if we savor the Christmas Spirit for the rest of the week?”

“How many days is that?”

“Three.”




“Okay. I love Santa’s hat.”

“Yes, I know you do.”


Be completely humble and gentle
be patient, bearing with one another in love. 
Ephesians 4:2 NIV

Copyright © Reflections from Dorothy's Ridge 2016. All rights reserved

Labels: , ,