SIGNS OF CHANGE Part I


Sunflowers jazz up fadding hydrangeas

Fall is less than two weeks away. The signs have been around us for days. The hydrangeas are fading. Already I'm sweeping up oak leaves on the patio.  Pumpkins and mums dominate displays in floral shops. Razorback red (or name your team & color), candy corn and Halloween costumes are out in full force, beckoning us to buy. 

Just a few of our winged friends

Instead of four hummingbirds, now 20+ compete for a place at at our feeders as they prepare for the long flight South. One morning we'll wake up and they will be gone.

I must confess at first I resisted the thought of fall. It's been too hot. Where did summer go? I'm not ready. 

But it doesn't matter whether I'm ready or not. The hummers will fly south, and fall will come as surely as the sun will rise and set each day.  I don't want to be left behind, so I'm coming round. I've pulled out an arrangement of autumn leaves and a fat little pumpkin. So far I've resisted the candy corn, but it sure tastes good with cocktail peanuts. 

I don't always recognize when God is bringing a change of season into my life, but He is patient. As evidence stacks up, I'm learning to embrace the freshness and excitement of something new. 

Follow me
What about you? Can you remember a time when you suddenly realized He was bringing change to your life? 

I hope we will all accept changing seasons and concentrate on what is next instead of looking back with longing. Change can be scary because only He knows what new paths will open before us. But God is trustworthy, and isn't that what makes life with Him so exciting?


Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it. 
Isaiah 43:19



Copyright © Reflections from Dorothy's Ridge 2015. All rights reserved

Labels: , ,