MIDNIGHT MUSINGS






How will we know when it’s time to move this beloved woman to full-time nursing care?
                        When you can’t be with her 24/7, and you can’t be sure she won’t fall or                                        turn right and go out the door instead of left and back to bed.
How can we expect her neighbors to do what we can’t?
                        You cannot.
How can we trust strangers to treat her with dignity?
                        Show up. Make friends. Pay attention. Speak up.
How will we recognize the right place?                                                                    
                        What brings you peace?
How will we know what to say to her?
                        Ask Me for the right words. 
How do I quiet the voice in my head? “I should do more. Someday, this could be me.”
                        Be still and Know that I Am God.
Open my ears, Lord, teach me to listen.
                        Trust Me.
 

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself,
“The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” 
Lamentations 3: 22-24


Copyright © Reflections from Dorothy's Ridge. All rights reserved.

Labels: , ,