After the Storm


I don’t claim to be a poet, but I try my hand occasionally, especially when I can’t stop thinking about something like what I found on my patio after a storm this week. I’ve spent way too much time trying to write Cinquains today, but I’m telling myself it’s good for my brain. I thought I’d share a few.

The Cinquain form was invented by the American poet, Adelaide Crapsy. Composed of five lines, constructed of 2, 4, 6, 8, 2 syllables, it makes a brief statement or captures an image.

 




Disaster Averted

To think
the broom would have
destroyed a home, had I
not noticed in time the twigs were
a nest.

  

Gratitude

I feel
grateful when I
find the bird nest hidden
beneath a clump of twigs to be
empty.


Concerned

After
the storm, I see
the nest lying under
debris and think where will Mom lay
her eggs?
 


Interior Design

Mama
weaves her nest with
neutrals before adding
fuchsia and translucent strands for
accents.



Celebration

I bet
she trilled with joy
and danced a jig after
swirling the bright tendrils inside
her nest.



… Your dwelling place is secure, your nest is set in a rock;  Numbers 24:21



Copyright © Dorothy Johnson 2014 All rights reserved


Labels: , , , ,