Rainy Days

 
 
Today I’m looking out on stormy skies and dirty-green surf at Navarre Beach. Even the famous sugar sand has taken on a drab cast. White-ruffled breakers and foam provide the only relief to a dreary scene.

A strong wind has buffeted the Florida Panhandle most of the week. Forget tidy hair-dos and full skirts (not that I wear either). The beach flags have told the story: Go-green on Monday, caution-yellow Tuesday, then danger-red blowing fiercely since Wednesday.
 
Yesterday in the bright sunshine, the world was beautiful. Kite surfers, raced across the waves, performing heart-stopping feats. Ah, to be young and strong like that. I can almost see our skateboarding son, Gary, flying across the rough water on one of those contraptions.

But today, we're socked in with fog. Intermittently, heavy rain blows onto the balcony, making even it off limits. Our company has departed and Terry is napping. There's a hush with only the muted sounds of refrigerator, air conditioner and distant surf.

I don’t mind the silence or the solitude. It gives me time to reflect on the fun we had with our first guests and how blessed we feel to finally have a space we can share on this beach we love.

It’s the perfect time and place to just be, to listen for the still, small voice of God.

I’m enjoying my day.

What’s going on your world?

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,  I will be exalted in the earth! Ps. 46:10

Labels: , , ,