My Favorite Things About Arkansas

As a native Arkansan, I love it when folks from other places put down roots, thrive and even brag about all the good things they find here. Kyran Pittman, a transplant to Arkansas from Canada and a member of Arkansas Women Bloggers, shared her ten favorite things about our state and invited us to do the same.

Using Kyran's suggestions, I've compiled my own list of favorites. As you can see, sometimes I'm hard pressed to limit myself to one thing or place. Maybe that's because I've lived here so long.

Favorite places to get away in Arkansas: Horseshoe Canyon Ranch, just outside of Jasper, is a beautiful place to get away, especially if you like horses, rock climbing (not me!), zip lines or just plain ole porch sittin'. (Full Disclosure: My nephew Barry Johnson and his family own and run it. They are delightful!)
Horseshoe Canyon Ranch

Favorite things that grow in Arkansas:
Homegrown tomatoes, strawberries and
peaches, but I like honeysuckle, gardenias
and peonies, too!

Christmas Day 2012
summer 2013

 
 
 
As another blogger mentioned, sometimes I get my feelings hurt when people who have never experienced life in our state make fun of us. But maybe it's better to keep it a secret from rude folks!

What are your favorite things about our fair state? I'd love to hear them.

Labels: , , ,